Braided Spaghetti Bread
This is a family favorite, would go great with a green salad.
- 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough, thawed to room temperature
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 egg white
- Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley flakes
- Spray counter lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Roll loaf into a 12×16 rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and let cool slightly. Remove wrap from dough. Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down center of dough.
- Top with sauce and cheese cubes. Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of filling. Begin brad by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
- Lift braid with both hands and place on a large, sprayed baking sheet. Brush with egg white and spring with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and slice to serve.